Thursday, August 9, 2012

GRAND FINALE: Will (1) vs. Adrian (2) goes to ADRIAN!

IN A NAIL-BITING, HEART-STOPPING, BRAIN-MELTING CONCLUSION
IN AN EXTREMELY CLOSE RACE
THAT CAME DOWN THE VERY LAST MINUTES
THE WINNER OF THE 2ND YA SISTERHOOD YA CRUSH TOURNEY IS....


ADRIAN IVASHKOV!!!!!!




Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0! We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers. If the spoiler is big, it will be marked. However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 






Hey guys! Katie w/ Mundie Moms & Alyssa w/ TMI Source are back for Will's final round in the YA Crush Tournament. THANK YOU to everyone who's helped get Will to this round. Wow that last round against Jem was tough, and I have a feeling this round is going to be even harder. We have faith Will can win this and here's why. In Will's 1st match we listed 6 reasons why you guys should vote for Will, which of course were his "redeeming" traits. In his follow up round Jace chimed in with why we should vote for his admirable family member, and in the following match we talked about Will's love for books, and of course imagined what it would be like to have Will read to us by a roaring fire. 

In the last round we shared with you guys our reasoning on why we felt Will was the brighter burning star. It only seems fair that you guys hear from Clary, who like Jace has already won the YA Tournament, on why we need to VOTE FOR WILL.


Hey everyone, it’s Clary Fray. As the reigning YA Heroine Tournament champion Jace thought that I should share my thoughts with you on why Will Herondale should be the next YA Crush Tourney champion.

I’ve never met Will, but since he’s related to Jace I can only assume that good lucks and that cocky arrogance run in the family, which means they can be a handful sometimes.

But I can also assume that the same sweet, kind, gentle nature also exists beneath all the snarky comments and questionable actions. Perhaps Will also had his share of inner demons to fight?

From what I’ve gathered, Will is an avid reader and I can certainly appreciate that—as I’m sure you can, as well. Jace once read to me from Will’s copy of  A Tale of Two Cities—why did Lucie have to choose the boring guy—and I still wonder about the scrawled message inside the book: With hope at last, Will Herondale.

Whoever ends up with Will is one lucky girl. Because these Herondale men, despite their flaws, are filled with goodness and they will do anything they can to protect those that they love. And I hope Will is smart enough that when he finds the girl he loves that he’ll hold on to her. And never stop fighting for her.




Let's recap: Will loves reading, he's loyal, romantic, snarky, can kick any demon's butt, a little broken, and he's one of those guys you can't help but root for in everything he does.

VOTE for WILL!! 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


If you don't already know, the amazingly crushable Adrian Ivashkov is being represented by me, Anna Tee from The Bursting Bookshelf. Adrian is from The Vampire Academy series and the Bloodlines series by the hugely talented Richelle Mead. If you want to stay up to date on how Adrian is doing in the Tourney or to just support him, please check out my Twitter and use the hashtag #TEAMADRIAN. Before we begin, I'd just like to thank the YA Sisterhood for hosting this event! WARNING, MINOR SPOILERS BELOW. 

Personality:
If you've read the Vampire Academy books and Bloodlines ones, you already know that Adrian is the perfect embodiment of a good guy with a bad boy exterior. Even though the bad boy front is very appealing (and I do mean very appealing), the fact that he is willing to stand up for others (take Jill for example- he's fiercely protective of her in a big brother sense) and that he doesn't fall for all the lies involved in the Moroi royal court.

Though he does have his vices, he has been known to change his ways when an important person in his life asks him to. He gave them up for both Rose and Sydney at different points in time, and made other efforts to better himself in both cases. This demonstrated how he is willing to put others before himself, but only in certain cases. His parents made attempts at changing him, but he refused to until it was Rose putting pressure on him to follow through. As you can see, once he has let you in, past his bad ass facade, he is truly a person that is worth being friends with.

"And you're also one of the most fiercely loyal people I know --and caring, no matter how much you pretend otherwise."
--The Golden Lily Page 136

"Adrian did care passionately about others underneath all of his bravado and flippancy. I'd seen him risk his life to prove it."--The Golden Lily Page 137

Looks:
Drop dead sexy your thing? If so, Adrian's your guy. Amazing green eyes, locks of brown hair, and a good sense of style to boot. Don't believe me? 

"Warily, I stopped and crossed my arms as I took him in. He was a little shorter than Dimitri but wasn't as lanky as some Moroi guys ended up looking. A long, charcoal coat- probably made out of some insanely expensive cashmere-wool blend- fit his body exceptionally well, and the leather dress shoes he wore indicated more money still. He had brown hair that looked like it had been purposely styled to appear a little unkempt, and his eyes were either blue or green- I didn't have quite enough light to know for sure. His face was cute, I supposed, and I pegged him to be a couple years older than me. He looked like he'd just come from a dinner party."
       -Frostbite by Richelle Mean, page 135, Rose's POV

 "The speaker was Moroi guy, a little older than me, with dark brown hair that had undoubtedly been painstakingly styled to look messy. Unlike Keith's ridiculously over-
gelled attempts, this guy hah actually done it in a way that looked good. Like all Moroi, he was pale and had a tall, lean build. Emerald eyes studied us from a face that could have been been sculpted by one of the classical artists I so admire. Shocked, I dismissed the comparison as soon as it popped into my head. This was vampire, after all. It was ridiculous to admire him the way I would some hot human guy."--Bloodlines Page 46

Even Rose, who was madly falling for Dimitri at the time, can appreciate Adrian's smoking good looks and impeccable fashion sense.

Talents:
Two words: Spirit user. He can walk in your dreams, compel others better than the average Moroi and heal as well. He doesn't let these abilities go to waste either- he used his dream walking frequently to help various friends (often Rose) whether it was life or death or just a more mundane issue. He trained with Lissa quite often to get even better with his gifts so he could be of more use and be able to help more people. Apart from his supernatural talents, Adrian is also an art student at a college, so he's also an artistic kind of guy. Can you ask for any more? Oh right- he also has a knack for talking his way out of any situation.

 
Special Attributes/ Best Qualities:
Still on the fence about voting for Adrian? The good looks, amazing personality, and supernatural talents didn't win you over? Well, one thing Adrian is known for is loving a girl wholeheartedly. He doesn't go half in and not commit to a person; when in love, he wholly commits himself to that person. This was easy to tell from how he reacted after breaking up with a girl, who will remain nameless for the sake of staying as spoiler free as possible. Apart from truly committing himself to relationships, he is also brave; he never showed fear when he was breaking rules to help his friends and he sticks by their side until the very end. Loyalty is another one of his amazing qualities: he never waivers from those he supports, even when the going gets tough. Humor and creativity? You can also find those traits in Adrian easily.


"Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire." -Bloodlines
On top of all of that- he can also be a fairly romantic and sweet guy. He doesn't do anything halfway, including his honesty; he always told the truth, even to the point of being brutally honest.


"The color," he breathed. "When you stand in the light. They're amazing...like molten gold. I could paint those..." He reached toward me but then pulled back. "They're beautiful. You're beautiful." -Bloodlines
“He'd written me up a proposal of why dating him was a sound decision. It had included things like "I'll give up cigarettes unless I really, really need one" and "I'll unleash romantic surprises every week, such as: an impromptu picnic, roses, or a trip to Paris—but not actually any of those things because now they're not surprises.” 
"I'm serious. She asked me what my greatest strength was. I said getting along with people." "Thats not bad," I admitted. "Then she asked what my greatest weakness was. And I said, 'Where should I start?'" "Adrian!" "Stop saying my name like that. I told her the truth. By the time I was on the fourth one, she told me I could go."  -Bloodlines


In Summary:
-He's a bad ass
-Obviously sexy
-He's a rare spirit user
-He's a Moroi, not a Strigoi
-He's willing to change his ways when asked
-He's the whole package
-He has an amazing personality
-He's protective

If you haven't yet read the Vampire Academy or Bloodlines Series, I highly suggest you do, but in the meantime, vote for Adrian! If you have read both series, you should know to vote for Adrian already! Would you want an angry Alchemist tampering with your shampoo? 

Thanks again to the YA Sisterhood for hosting this amazingly fun tournament and to Monica and Jennifer for their help!

Did I mention you should vote for Adrian? :) 



*VOTING IS NOW CLOSED AND THE TOURNAMENT HAS ENDED. TO SEE PREVIOUS MATCHES, CHECK THE TOURNAMENT PAGE*