Thursday, July 5, 2012

Match #1: Will (#1) vs. Vincent (#32) Goes to Will

And the winner is:


WILL HERONDALE





Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*   




It's day 1, round 1 of the 2nd annual YA-Sisterhoods Crush Tourney and today WILL faces off with Vincent from Amy Plum's Die for For Me & Until I Die series. I'm a little late to the game with my post, as I had internet connection problems yesterday and luckily Alyssa was able to step in and help me out. THANK YOU Alyssa! She did an amazing post, and I'm going to be incorporating part of that into my post today. 


First, I'd like to officially WELCOME you guys to Will's first round in the tournament! I'm thrilled to be co-advocating for Will, with Alyssa from TMI Source. Not only is Alyssa a HUGE TMI/ID fan, but she gets my love of Will, as she's as big of a fan of him as I am. That's get right to Will, shall we?! I'm sure he'd agree that we need to stop the chit chat and discuss him. 




Will Herondale is more than just piercing blue eyes and chiseled features. He's broken, strong, snarky, and one of the best Shadowhunters around ( he'd disagree and say he was the best). Boy does he know how to make us weak in the knees. Or as Alyssa had quoted that Jem would like to remind us,  When Will truly wants something,” said Jem, quietly, “when he feels something — he can break your heart.” ( As Alyssa said, "Ain't that the truth." Ha! We definitely get that, but he's worth that heart break.). 

There are so many things Alyssa and I could discuss about Will, but we're going to narrow our description of Will down to 5 things. 

Personality (SNARK): Who doesn't love a guy with a personality. With Will you will plenty of SNARK! It's definitely obvious where Jace got his snark from, though Will perfected it long before Jace did. Will's snark is part of his Shadowhunter charm. I mean, how can you not love a guy who's snarky. I agree with Alyssa when she said Will has some of the best one-lines and quotes ("Never trust a duck!") and it's all part of his charm. He know how to get to people while also getting satisfaction out of it. It's one of his many charms
There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.” –Clockwork Angel

His looks (SEXY): I don't think Alyssa and I need to remind anyone about the Dirty Sexy Balcony Scene do we?! "He bent to put his cheek against hers. His breath against her ear made her shudder with each deliberately spoken word. "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you. –Clockwork Prince 

Or what about one of my favorites, that Holy Water Kiss..... 


For a moment their mouths pressed hotly together, Will's free hand tangling in her hair. Tessa gasped when his arms went around her, her skirts snagging on the floor as he pulled her hard against him. She put her hands lightly around his neck; his skin was burning hot to the touch. Through the thin wet material of his shirt, she could feel the muscles of his shoulders, hard and smooth. His fingers found her jeweled hair clasp and pulled at it, and her hair spilled down around her shoulders, the comb rattling to the floor, and Tessa gave a little cry of surprise against his mouth. - Clockwork Angel, page 297

TMI/ID fans already know Shadowhunters are sexy. They're lean muscled, quick, agile and you know just hot. But Will embraces the Shadowhunter look with his intense piercing blue eyes, ink black hair and those sexy Shadowhunter runes (don't believe me, look at that picture above). We believe being a Shadowhunter lends itself to Will's sexiness. 

Best Qualities (SWEET): One of my favorite things about Will is his sweet side. It's not a side that comes out often, but when it does it makes me sigh, and love him even more. You can't not love a guy who has an unwavering devotion for his parabatai Jem, has an incredible devotion to his cause and undeniable love for Tessa. That love that makes you feel all weak in the knees just from reading about it. Alyssa will win the argument with those who don't feel that Will is one of the sweetest guys in YA literature with this:





Tess, Tess, Tessa.
Was there ever a more beautiful sound than your name? To speak it aloud makes my heart ring like a bell. Strange to imagine that, isn’t it – a heart ringing – but when you touch me that is what it is like: as if my heart is ringing in my chest and the sound shivers down my veins and splinters my bones with joy.
Why have I written these words in this book? Because of you. You taught me to love this book where I had scorned it. When I read it for the second time, with an open mind and heart, I felt the most complete despair and envy of Sydney Carton. Yes, Sydney, for even if he had no hope that the woman he loved would love him, at least he could tell her of his love. At least he could do something to prove his passion, even if that thing was to die.
I would have chosen death for a chance to tell you the truth, Tessa, if I could have been assured that death would be my own. And that is why I envied Sydney, for he was free.
And now at last I am free, and I can finally tell you, without fear of danger to you, all that I feel in my heart.
You are not the last dream of my soul.
You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth.
With hope at last,
Will Herondale


Selfless: Alyssa said it best when she pointed out that, "Will's selflessness is what makes him my favorite character in Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter Chronicles. He has sacrificed everything to ensure the well-being of those he loves. Whether it was leaving behind his family at age 12 or giving up the girl he loves (Tessa), Will has endured endless emotional turmoil at his own expense. Even after he learned he wasn’t cursed he still thought of others’ happiness over his own. It’s a quality that defines his character and makes the fangirls swoon.
“Tessa craned her head back to look at Will. “You know that feeling,” she said, “when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the net drawing tight around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage and you cannot let go or turn the course aside.” His blue eyes were dark with understanding — of course Will would understand — and she hurried on. “I feel now as if the same is happening, only not to characters on a page but to my own beloved friends and companions. I do not want to sit by while tragedy comes for us. I would turn it aside, only I struggle to discover how that might be done.”
“You fear for Jem,” Will said.
“Yes,” she said. “And I fear for you, too.”
“No,” Will said, hoarsely. “Don’t waste that on me, Tess.” –Clockwork Princess teaser


Talents: We don't know even know where to begin with his talents. Aside from being a kick-ass Shadowhunter, anyone that resorts to biting a vampire if necessary gets high marks in my book! As Alyssa said, he can charm the dickens out of anyone when necessary. I totally agree! I mean he says it himself here, I shall charm him with such force that when I am done, he will be left lying limply on the ground, trying to remember his own name.” -Clockwork Prince

AND: This boy is a reader!! Who doesn't love a hot, smart guy who can read. One of the things I love about Will is that fact he does read and he quotes from books he's read. One of my favorite quotes from Will is, "Sometimes, when I have to do something I don't want to do, I pretend I'm a character from a book. It's easier to know whatthey would do." -Clockwork Angel, page 224


Oh and we can't forget about the DUCKS! You know how tricky those ducks are!


I like ducks." Jem observed diplomatically. "Especially the ones in Hyde Park." He glanced side ways at Will; both boys were sitting at the edge of a high table, thier legs dangling over the side. "Remember when you tried to convince me to feed poultry pie the the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?" 
"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.” 

Lastly, how can you note vote for guy who sings about DEMON POX! 
Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—

For I was right, and you were wrong!
******
GO VOTE for WILL! Stay tuned to Mundie Moms for more Team Will and stop by TMI Source to read Alyssa's post here. We'll be posting more about the tourney!! Don't forget to #TeamCassie! Go VOTE WILL!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3


Paris' Crushworthy Mystery Man
RNN Travel and Leisure Desk


Paris, France (RNN)-
Paris has always been referred to as the "city of love" for couples,
but more and more single women (and some men!) have been finding a new
reason to flock to the City of Lights. A young man, dubbed by some
tourists and locals as (insert name here-- "Paris' Superman", "The
mysterious hero") has been saving locals and dodging journalists and
the Préfecture de Police for decades.


Yes, decades. Local legend and news reports have
conflicting opinions as to whether this is the same young man, but ask
a grandmother on the street and she'll tell you the legend of the
Revenants, a mysterious group of people who never die and dedicate
their "lives" to saving others. Sightings of "Vincent" stretch back to
the 1940's and a young member of the French Resistance.


They call him Vincent
Reports have pinpointed his age as late teens,
though
eyewitness reports from the last decade described a man in his early
twenties. With black hair, green eyes, and an athletic physique, some
bystanders have described him as "god-like", "swoonworthy", "super
mignon
", and like "someone straight out of an Abercrombie
catalogue."


One young woman interviewed on the street told us that
she's praying for more opportunities to see more shirtless street
swordfighting again. (Who wouldn't want more of that?!)

Shirtless Swordfighting and a Penchant for languages


"I heard him speak English and Italian to a
group of tourists before," claimed one cafe owner who claimed to have
observed a rescue during last year's near fatal bus accident near the
Sorbonne. "And I've had people in here talking about seeing  a dark
haired boy who could speak in their language. That's about... ten
languages that I've counted so far, if it's the same person."
And languages apparently aren't his only strong suit.
Records indicate that a certain Vincent-- whose university photos
suspiciously match those of our current mystery hero-- also has a law
degree. Of course, when balancing letter of the law against enforcing
the law, people on the street who have reported seeing him seem to be
most impressed by his fighting prowess
We caught up with Kate, the young American who has
been sighted kissing Vincent all over Paris (sorry, he apparently is
taken) and she reluctantly sat down with us for a cup of coffee and a
quick chat. "His best attributes? Well, he's selfless. He is so
incredibly good... and would die in a heartbeat to save another
person's life." When pressed about their relationship, Kate smiled and
seemed to be holding back about spilling all to us. "There was this
girl he loved and, after she died, he didn't see or love anyone else
for years," (aside from this reporter-- if we ignore science right now,
this could be in reference to a certain Helene, who died during World
War II, and who was reportedly in love with a resistance fighter named
Vincent...), "And then he met me and for some crazy reason..." she
blushed and we didn't push her any farther. Still, she volunteered one
last comment, "He makes me feel strong, like I can do anything. That's
the kind of boyfriend he is."


Where is the best place to go if you're hoping for a sighting?


So, you're in Paris for a weekend and want to see this legend in
the flesh?
You could, of course, risk getting hit by a bus or jump off of a
bridge in hopes of being saved, but for the risk-adverse tourist hoping
to get a glimpse of this "Vincent", we have gathered a list of the top ten spots in Paris to see him
We have compiled some sightings from the past on Vincent as well as an
exclusive interview of Kate to view them please go here. 



Maybe, you too, will be lucky enough to have a legend die for you.
Keep scrolling down for the Zachary (16) vs. Alex (17) Match!