Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Match 17: Will (1) vs. Zachary (16) Goes to Will!

And the winner is.... WILL! 


Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0! We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers. If the spoiler is big, it will be marked. However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hi Guys! Alyssa w/ TMI Source and I, Katie from Mundie Moms are thrilled to be back to help promote Will in another round in the YA Crush Tourney. We realize how tough today's competition is, which is why we've called in re-enforcements. You heard from us during Will's first round why we thought you should VOTE for WILL, so today we have a few re-enforcements with us. Jace felt the need to stop by and tell you why he feels you should VOTE FOR WILL.



From Jace:

Jace Lightwood--reigning YA Crush Tourney champ--here to enlighten you on why Will Herondale is also worthy of the honor.

There's no need to tell you that--obviously--good looks run in the family. We Herondale men are lookers. It’s one of our many appealing qualities, along with our snark. Now some people have said that William could give me a run for my money when it comes to snark. Clearly they've suffered from some kind of head trauma as that obviously isn't true.

I've heard he's an avid reader. Now that's not my thing, but apparently it's a quality that some girls simply swoon over. To each their own, I guess.

But he's smart. He's quick with a seraph blade--just not as quick as me. And he doesn't trust a duck--smart man, that Will. He might even have a more messed-up childhood than me--shocking, I know. I appreciate and respect his love and dedication for his parabatai, Jem Carstairs. It’s a bond that words cannot describe.

Like myself, Will has a difficult time dealing with emotions and expressing himself at times. We’ve both had a troubling childhood that has scarred us emotionally.

I’ve got some advice for Will. If you find someone you love, don't be a fool and let her get away like I almost did. That seems to be a trend for the Herondale men.

Since you can't have me--as my YA Crush Tourney title prevents me from competing from here on out--you should settle for Will. And I mean that in the most loving way. He is family.

********
Just in case Jace wasn't enough, maybe a few of these CP quotes will help, along  with some quotes from some of Will's biggest fans.
* He's romantic- Will & Tessa
“He bent to put his cheek against hers. His breath against her ear made her shudder with each deliberately spoken word. "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.”

* He's loyal and bond by that loyality-
"Our souls are knit. We are one person, James.” 

 * He's a guy who knows what he likes and doesn't like-
“Trains are great dirty smoky things," said Will. "You won't like it."
Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?"
"I've never swum naked in the Thames before, but I know I wouldn't like it."



* He can SING-
“Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—
For I was right, and you were wrong!" 


* He LOVES literature/books- you guys know this one will definitely win you over!


“We live and breathe words. It was books that kept me from taking my own life after I thought I could never love anyone, never be loved again. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”  

From a few Fans: This past weekend Alyssa and I asked TMI fans why they love Will and would vote for him. We totally agree with what they said. Here's a few of their responses:

- @Alesil99 said, "Will is so fragile, so strong, so romantic, so sarcastic, but above all so deeply sad... the only one for me."

- @Miss_Herondale said, "Will is the most unselfish person and he'll literally give his life for the ones he loves. He's also one of the strongest characters ever. Many would have turned bad believing what he did, but he stays strong." 

- @EmilyBookaholic said, "He's the greatest friend anyone could ask for."

In closing: We're going to wrap up our post with a quote from CP, God knows we’re all drawn to what’s beautiful and broken.” We all know how drawn we are to this beautiful, broken boy. 


VOTE for WILL!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




Guid Day!

This is Amy and Jen from a wee blog called Fictitious Delicious and we’re here to get YOUR vote for Zachary Moore!  Zachary is from the INCREDIBLE SHADE series by Jeri Smith-Ready!

We are reprising our role as Zach's advocates from last year's Crush Tourney, which is very special to us because it began the epic adventures of Team Kilt! Team Kilt is all about FUN and PARTIES and NICE BOYS; and YOU (yes, YOU) are welcome to join! We love making new friends and introducing people to Zachary Moore and his maker, Jeri Smith-Ready!  


We love Zach not only because he stole our hearts, but because he has brought together a passionate community of fans that have become the best of friends.  (Seriously. When you’re done voting for Zach, come back and CLICK THIS LINK to see that we’re not kidding around here, folks!)

Now, it's time to get serious. Seriously. 

As you may or may not know, the human brain is a complicated organ that responds to  many types of stimuli. It has been proven that visual stimulation in the human brain of book lovers results in an attachment to loving, handsome boys of the fictional variety, thereby encouraging said human to vote for that fictional boy in online tournaments. On all types of electrical devices. 


To prove this scientific study, we present Fig. 1: The Ultimate Crush: Zachary Moore.



F O O T N O T E S


Zach falls firmly in the “NICE GUY” classification of fictional boys and has been referred to as “Captain Patience” Exhibit A: SHINE, page 110. Our research, however, has revealed that Zach recently had a 24hour lapse in good guy judgment as evidenced in Exhibit B:#tweetlikeabadboy

2 Examples include: Weddings, Prom, Fictional Character Crush Tournaments and Jen's dreams.

3 Fans of Zachary Moore seem to be particularly interested in his Scottish accent.  A minuscule sample is found in Exhibit C: Scottish Vortex of Charm

4 Specific attention should be paid to Einstein’s Theory of Gravity. Exhibit D: SHINE page 274.

5 Strength is prevalent in this fine specimen. A less refined citizen would say this boy “is the full meal deal”. Intelligence, astonishing good looks and a heart that is more sincere and giving than any other the young adult literary community has ever seen. Exhibit E: 2011 TEAM KILT Zachary Moore Trailer.

*takes off lab coat*


If after all this, your vote we lack
Here’s more reasons to vote for Zach:

He brushes his teeth, so he’s got no plaque.
His sexy never left so he needn’t bring it back.
Under extreme amounts of pressure, he will not crack. (*cries*)
Dances at prom with a wiggity-wiggity whack.
When visiting Irish castles, he knows just what to pack.
He'll protect you like a boss, when you're under attack.
Now go vote for Zach and keep our wins on track.

A big thanks to Jeri Smith-Ready for giving us Zachary Moore, the crushiest crushing crush in YA. Come on over to Fictitious Delicious to join in the #TeamKilt party, enter our giveaway, and have a blast!  


Team Kilt FOREVER! 


*VOTING IS NOW CLOSED*