Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My new business/hobby--A Wrinkle In Time Antiques & Things

Okay, so this has nothing to do with book blogging, but it is my newest love!  I just started a small (very small) business, A Wrinkle In Time Antiques & Things.  I had to use a literary allusion because I LOVE BOOKS!!!

Anyways, it's a furniture refurbishing business; and it's something that I got into with the trend of shabby chic, antiqued, and distressed furniture.  I have done quite a few jobs in my life, and this by far, is the first one I would classify as work that I love.  So, I figured, why not see if I can sell my stuff.  So, that's what I am trying to do.  I'm going to start out at the local flea markets and try to get into the antique malls around here (although the waitlists are ridiculously long).  We will see how it goes!  If it falls flat, at least I'll have some awesome looking furniture!

Anyways, I need your help!!!  I need to get some "Likes" on my Facebook page that I just started yesterday.  This helps promote the business and the more "likes" you get, the more promotion you get!

So, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/awrinkleintimeantiques

Thank you so much for taking the time to "like " me!!!!!!

And, here are some of my first pieces.  The piano table sold in minutes (wooo-hoooo)!

 
Piano Bench with stenciled top (and the inside is decopaged with 1920s newspaper--how cool!)
 
 
Found this chair on a garage sale site, and it was completely destroyed. Check it out now!

 
A Queen Anne End table I got at an auction--it was a medium cherry color (which I'm not a huge fan of because it's too redish), now chalk painted and antiqued!

Feel free to leave me links to your Facebook pages if you need more likes!!!!