Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Match #19: Four(3) vs Ash(7) goes to Four!





Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's 3rd Annual YA Crush Tourney!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am EST every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The Winner of Match #19 is FOUR!


Four/Tobias from Divergent by Veronica Roth


My name's Becky B. and my blog is Bibliognome. I'm thrilled to be advocating for Four, the supremely awesome guy from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.

*loud clapping and cheering*


* Okay now while reading this post just imagine that you have You're the Best the song from The Karate Kid movie playing full blast, I find that makes everything more dramatic/dauntless (just like Divergent and Four.)  :)


Here we are again getting ready for another YA Crush Tourney. Everyone knows that there are a plethora of capable crushes in this tourney but I'm here today to tell you that Four is the crush that should rise to the top of this Tourney.

If you haven't read the Divergent series here's my review of Divergent and Insurgent.  I can't wait to read the last book and am crossing all of my fingers and toes hoping that the movie of Divergent will be as epic as the book.

YA Sisterhood

Look into those eyes and you should know without a doubt who to vote for. #TeamFour

Here we see how Four sees himself, in Four's own quote from Divergent: 
 “Two things you should know about me; The first is that I am deeply suspicious of people in general. It is my nature to expect the worst of them. And the second is that I am unexpectedly good with computers.” 

Yeah, he's a little pessimistic but in the world of Divergent where choice is everything once you choose a faction be it AbnegationCandorDauntlessAmity, or Erudite you have to follow their rules or you get rejected by society.  

As the tagline for Divergent says, "One Choice Can Transform You." Four is definitely a guy that has transformed himself.  He is willing to sacrifice everything for the love of his life and he and Tris might just be the keys to changing the whole society. 

Be Brave and make the right choice, Vote for Four :)

Four Haiku
Strong and capable
Fierce fighter almost no fear
Four worth fighting for



I made a song for everybody to sing while they vote for/when they want to support Four, it's sung to the tune of I Love You aka that song from the Barney TV show:


Four Amour


I Love Four,
You should too,
Let’s be Dauntless through and through,
With a great big Vote,
and a plea from me to you,
Won’t you say you’ll Vote Four too!


I love Four,
You should too,
Go and join the Team Four Crew,
With a great big cheer,
and a plea from me to you,
Won’t you say you’ll Vote Four too.



Now make sure to VOTE for Four as much and as often as possible and let's take Four to the top of the YA Crush Tourney!  :) Show your support on Twitter, Facebook, your blog, etc. You can follow me on Twitter at @GeckyBoz and make sure to use the #TeamFour tag so I can see all your tweets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ben Barnes as Ash.....Feel free to pet this piece of perfection through your computer screens ....*pets*

Hello fellow bookworms! My name is Caitlin and I'm from The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger! Today I'll be using my extreme fictional male loving skills to advocate Ash to victory! Ash is from the fabulous Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and if you haven't read it yet, then I'm sure the following information about the yummy Ash will convince you to read these books ASAP! It's from the first YA Crush Tourney that I discovered this series, so to me, advocating Ash is like coming full circle ! Warning! Extreme faint worthy quotes ahead! Ice cold water from the Winter Realm recommended ;P
Looks
     Tall, muscular, silver eyes, long dark hair, pale skinned and swoonderfully good looking....*sighs* do I have to go on? Ash may be an Ice Prince but that doesn't mean he lacks in heating things up!
Ash mused as I whirled around. His eyes, cold and inhuman, glimmered with amusement.  Up close, he was even more beautiful, with high cheekbones and dark tousled hair falling into his eyes.
Personality 
     Ash may be cold when we first meet him, but there's no doubt that underneath that sexy icey exterior is a tortured soul and guy who feels everything so deeply. Growing up in the Unseelie Court taught him to close his emotions off, that is, until a certain someone comes into his life and begins to open him up again. It's from this vulnerability that we really get to see that Ash is a genuinely good person inside and out (which makes him even hotter, may I add).       Threaten Ash or the people he loves and he won't hesitate to slice you to pieces, but capture his heart and he'll be there for you like no other! Ash's intense devotion and love for Meghan ruins future boyfriends for bookworms everywhere! Oh and how can I forget to mention how he will melt your heart with the simplest of lines.....
"You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back."  Ash's breath hitched and he put his hands over mine."I came home."
^^^ Like c'mon?! That's perfection right there!
~~~~~
I licked my lips and whispered, "Is this where you say you'll kill me?"
One corner of his lips curled. "If you like," he murmured, a flicker of amusement finally crossing his face. "Though it's gotten far too interesting for that.”
Talents
      Ash may be stunning and make you swoon into a puddle of goo, but he also has some wicked skills that make him both unique and add to his crush-worthiness. He's an expert swordsman that can take on any competitor without breaking a sweat and has the power of Winter glamour at his fingertips. You never quite know when Ash just might send an ice shard at your face...just ask Puck ;)
“Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?”
~~~~~~
"But...but what if I hit you?"  A snort. "You're not going to hit me."
"How do you know?" I bristled at his amused tone. "I could hit you. Even master swordsmen make mistakes. I could get a lucky shot, or you might not see me coming. I don't want to hurt you."
He favored me with another patient look. "And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?"
"Um." I glanced down at the saber in my hand. "Thirty seconds?"
He smiled, that calm, irritatingly confident smirk. "You're not going to hit me."
~~~~~
     There's no doubt that Ash's looks, personality and talents (combined with his complete and strong love for Meghan) are what make this Ice Prince the obvious winner for this tournament! Feared warrior, passionate lover and heart melter are just a few of the diverse descriptions that can be given to Ash. He may be a complicated character, but you won't be able to get him out of your head after devouring each and every Iron Fey novel. 

"If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise"
(Quote submitted by: @thekhalkhalz)
...It's crazy how true this actually is....
VOTE TEAM ASH! 
*******************************************

*POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED.*