Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die For Me by Amy Plum
HarperTeen
Release date: May 10, 2011
Reviewed by: AmyG (big sis)
Sister's Say: Delicious, Daring, Deadly

Bookblurb from goodreads.com

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. It introduces a new version of the undead with revenants, beings who are fated to sacrifice themselves over and over again to save others’ lives. Kate finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.



Let me start by just saying one word, AMAZING!!!! I defy anyone to start this book and actually not read it in one sitting. Amy Plum takes all the aspects of what readers love in a YA paranormal romance, but gives us something completely new and refreshing!

What I loved about this novel?
1. Paris
2. Revenants
3. Hunky boys

During the reading of this novel, I cannot tell you how many times I had to physically restrain myself from driving to the nearest airport and hopping a plane to Paris. The food, the architecture, the art, the streets, the cafes (I could go on for hours), I could literally see, smell, hear, and taste them all. Breathtaking descriptions of the City of Love come to life on the pages, and you can actually see and feel Kate and Vincent fall in love under this backdrop. Thank you Amy for sharing a bit of your love of Paris with us!

Revenants!!! How cool of an idea is this! I'm super jealous of not thinking of it first! As I said earlier, something completely new and absolutely refreshing! If I wasn't married, I would definitely take a revenant boyfriend! I'll leave Vincent for Kate, and I'll kindly take Jules, thank you very much!

And lastly, hunky, hunky boys! Did I mention these hunky boys, constantly sacrifice themselves to save other people like children and elderly women! Seriously, how can you resist that?!?!

Die for Me doesn't come out until May, but go right now and reserve it at your bookstore! I promise you won't be disappointed!!!