Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Tour: A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers

18053117

A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers
William Morrow
January 21st, 2014
Reviewed by: AmyG (big sis)
Sister's Say: A Surprising Twist to this great series!

If you play with fire…

Tossed out of college and cut off by her parents, Samantha West is in pretty dire straits. So when her rocker best friend hooks her up with a job dancing at a gentlemen’s club, who is she to turn it down? Plus, there are rules to dancing at Benny’s: No touching, keep your clothes on at all times, and never get closer than three feet. Unfortunately for Sam, her first private client makes her want to break every single one of them.

Harrison Yates is scorching hot, but he’s got a past that involves being left at the altar not too long ago. Sam is determined to make him forget about his ex, but when she makes her move, it flings her life into a spiral of chaos she never saw coming.

Because Harrison Yates isn’t who he seems to be. And his secret will probably get her killed.


After reading the first 2 books in this series, I knew without a doubt that I wanted to read the third and final book.  So, I put it on my TBR and requested an ARC.  When I received the ARC, I picked it up almost immediately!  The funny thing is, I never read the blurb for this book!  I don't think I even realized that I hadn't until I had read about 1/3 of the book and things "started to get real!"  I was so excited with the direction that the book was headed and so surprised.  I now think I am a fan of not necessarily reading the blurb.  It was fun to go in completely blind!  All that being said, I really enjoyed this book!  I had no clue that it was on the suspenseful side, but that made it stand out from the other books in the series.  It has it's own distinct feel and hits a whole new audience with this storyline.

The beginning of the book holds very true to the title.  Actually at times, I was hiding my eyes and reading with one eye through my fingers.  I'm sure this pretty reserved stay at home mom that I am, was bright red in the face reading parts of this novel.  But then, everything takes a crazy turn and things get dramatically shaken up, and that's when the real story begins.  Once you hit this point, there really is no putting the book down.  Lisa will have you on the edge of your seat and won't let you go until the very end!

Samantha and Harrison are great characters.  Samantha was an interesting character that is honestly completely different from me.  At times it was hard for me to relate to her, and I just wanted to smack her upside the head and tell her get her crap together.  However, it is a story about Samantha coming into her own, maturing and getting her stuff together.  At the end, I was proud of how far she had come.  Harrison, like Alesandro, is amazing!  I have come to associate Lisa Desrochers as an author who can create some of the best male characters in the business. Sometimes I think she's so good at creating these guys that it's impossible to create female characters that are good enough for them!  I've talked to several readers who have said the same thing, and I think it's because we loved the guys so much, we just want them for ourselves!  

A Little Too Hot is a great ending for this series!  We even get to see a mini-reunion of all our favorite characters at one point which was a great treat!  I think everyone will enjoy this book.  It's a thrilling ride with some dangerous twists and turns that will have your blood pumping, your hands sweating and your heart melting!  You don't want to miss this final installment!


*****************************************

MORE INFO ON A LITTLE TOO FAR:

Barnes & Noble:  http://bit.ly/1cpveCZ
iBooks:  http://bit.ly/1cSjNrm 

AUTHOR BIO:
LISA DESROCHERS is the USA Today bestselling author of the A Little Too Far series, courtesy of HarperCollins, and the young adult Personal Demons trilogy from Macmillan. She lives in Northern California with her husband, two very busy daughters, and Shini the tarantula. Find her online at www.lisadwrites.com

 , on Twitter at @LisaDez, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LisaDesrochersAuthor.

AUTHOR LINKS: 


******************************************

GIVEAWAY



******************************************

EXCERPT (1st 3 chapters)