Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beginnings/Endings In A Book



Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme hosted and created by The Broke and the Bookish

This Week:  The Top Endings or Beginnings in Books (in no particular order)

1.) Okay, so a play not a book, but still amazing beginning.  The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams

"Yes, I have things in my pockets.  I have tricks up my sleeves.  But I am the opposite of a Stage Magician.  He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion."  (Tom, Act 1, Scene 1)

Just love this quote!!!!

2.) Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

I just laughed my butt off when Emma runs into Galen and talks about assaulting his pecks.  I even went back and re-read the chapter because it was so hilarious.

3.) Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I loved meeting Alex and Aiden for the first time.  It makes it all the better that he tackles her and then uses compulsion to put her to sleep, especially when she wakes up leaning on his shoulder and he hasn't pushed her away.  So swoony!

4.) Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone  by JK Rowling

Um...need I explain?  Owls everywhere and people in robes muttering about Muggles!  This was the beginning of my love of books....

5.) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling

Snape screaming at Harry, "I am NOT a coward!"  I knew at that moment that he was a good guy and Dumbledore had asked him to kill him.  Snape is my man through and through.

6.) Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

I LOVED this book so hard!!!  And I won't be too spoilery, but lets just say she finally comes into her own at the very end of the book, so watch out because "[she's] on the hunt."

7.) Entice by Jessica Shirvington

I just love when Phoenix sends Violet the letter that says, "Care for a trade, lover?"  He's such a jerk, but I LOVE HIM!!!!  Plus, it just sets up a great beginning for the next book.

8.)  Everbound by Brodi Ashton

I can't say anything because MAJOR SPOILER, but let's just say that Cole, that sneaky little hottie, surprised the heck out of me.  Such a great ending, and I am dying for book 3.

9.) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Again, no spoilers, but let's just say, I'm ready for Juliette to show the world what she can do!!!

10.) Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

I love how we meet Perry in all his masculinity straight off.  He rushes into the fire and saves Aria, and I just love him for it.  Plus, the world building was amazing from the first sentence!