Monday, April 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books You Read Before You Became a Blogger



Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme hosted and created by The Broke and the Bookish

This Week:  The Top 10 Books I Read Before I Became A Blogger! 

Okay, this one is kind of hard because most of the books I have really loved were read when I started blogging.  I read at least 10 times more books a year now than I did before I blogged.  But, there are still some very memorable ones in what I'm going to coin as "the before times."

1.) Harry Potter (all 7)

There are no words needed here.  Harry Potter = My Childhood

2.) City of Bones (first 3)

I just love this series.  Jace and Clary swept me away, and this was definitely one of my favorite "before times" books.  It's still one of my all-time faves.

3.) Clockwork Angel/Prince

Another one of Cassandra's books that just stole my heart.  She knows how to write a broken, rebellious guy, and gosh darnit, I love her for it!

4.) Divergent

I read this about a month before I started blogging, and I have to say, I think its the book that pulled me in.  I loved all the action and the crumbling world, along with Four.  Oh Four.

5.) Shatter Me

I read this one right before I started blogging, too, and it's another one that really pushed me into this world.  I love it so hard, and it remains one of my favorites to this day.  I am dying for the third book!

6.) Hunger Games

Okay, this one should have come further up, but I forgot about it until now--and I don't want to go change all my numbers.  This was one of the first ya dystopians books I read, and I was hooked!  I read this one and Catching Fire both in 2 days!

7.) Die For Me

I loved the idea of the Revenants, and Jules and Vincent both just made me laugh and swoon.  I'm so sad to see this series ending!

8.) Angels and Demons

Okay, this one isn't YA like I normally read, but I remember loving all the twists and codes in it.  I could never figure out what was going to happen next, and as far as adult suspense goes, this is one of my faves.

9.) My Sister's Keeper

I'm normally not a fan of books that just make you break down and cry, but one of my favorite college professors insisted I read this one.  It was so heart-breaking, yet it left a lasting impression on my heart.

10.) Twilight

Okay, I put this one on there because it was one of the first paranormal books that I read (I probably only read 1 book every 2-3 months pre-blogging), and I really did love it at the time.  Now that I have so many others to compare it to, it doesn't make my favorites list.  But at the time, I loved it.

That's it!!!  Leave me a link to your list or TT!!