Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
Published by Harlequin Teen
Release Date:  2-26-2013
 
 
"'But the time has come to fight not just for the lives of those you love, but for your own as well,' he said, 'If only so you do not hurt those same people by leaving them the way you're so afraid they will leave you.'" (said by Henry) ARC, pg 156
 
"He kissed me again and hand a finger above the waistband of my jeans, leaving searing heat wherever he touched me." ARC, g 155
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I know so many people think that the Hades/Persephone myth is overdone, but I disagree.  I love this myth, and I really love when someone modernizes it because it's full of romance, pain, betrayal, and sizzling attraction.  I am really enjoying this one so far, even though Kate can be annoying.  Henry makes up for all the (insert your choice of noun) that comes out of Kate's mouth and/or actions.  I will admit, I am going to miss Henry when this book is over.  (I wish someone would write an NA or Adult version of the Hades/Persephone myth!)
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Nice teaser! I didn't love book two, but I have hope for number three. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this one. Kate was still a bit annoying, but it was a nice ending to the trilogy.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Think I need to read this series! Congrats on getting an ARC for it though. Totally agree just read a book on the Persephone/ Hades myth, and I loved it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to beg for an ARC of this one! Totally worth it!

      Delete
  3. AWESOME TEASER! I have this one sitting on my shelf and I'm SO EXCITED to read it :D Meeeeeeeeeep I love this series :)

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I haven't read this series yet! I keep seeing all kinds of mixed reviews, so I know I should try it out for myself if only just to see what I think of it. So many good books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most people I've talked to love the storyline but get annoyed with the MC.

      Delete
  5. Really love this series and this one is coming up for me. Can't wait to dive in.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I can't wait to read this book!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Hades and Persephone myth! I just finished an awesome book that is kind of a retelling of it (Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis) and I will never get tired of it. I dont know how I have not started these books yet! Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of that one! *rushes to goodreads to check it out*

      Delete
  8. I'm dying to read this one! Great teasers. Here is mine: http://inbetweenbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-coincidence-of-callie.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd decided not to read this one because of Kate irritating me so much, but that teaser has gotten me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete