Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Release Date: 2-5-2013
Published by: Feiwel and Friends (Macmillan)
 
 
"Table legs screeched against tile and then the fighter had one hand wrapped around Roland's neck, lifting him clear off the floor."  ARC, pg. 19
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, I finally read Cinder because I had an ARC of Scarlet and I wanted to see what all the hoopla was about.  While I'll admit it was good and I can't wait to get further in to Scarlet, I'm not sure I'd classify it as drop down amazing.  Still, I'm glad I read it, and now with Scarlet...this Wolf guy--yum.  Mysterious.  Rebel.  Can pick up a man clear off the floor.  Ohhh, I like him already.

10 comments:

  1. Haven't read this series but dang that looks good.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such good things about the series, and I really need to give it a try. Like that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Scarlett! I loved Cinder. I'm super excited for Scarlett. I do hope some of the characters from Cinder make an appearance. I think this series is awesome because each book is a different fairy tale telling :). Great teaser and I hope you enjoy the rest of Scarlett!


    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Cinder but, like you too, have heard a lot of noise about it. Scarlet sounds like it could be interesting, though, based off of that quote! Here is my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teaser. I have Cinder on my TBR list and can't wait to start it, especially now the Scarlet will be released soon. Thanks for sharing and happy reading.

    Katie ~ My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover, might have to put this on my TBR pile

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really didn't like her first book. Like you I thought it was fair, but not great. Wolf men tho? I like the sound of that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the fun post! I just got Cinder and I can't wait to start reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Teaser!! I listened to the first book on audio and it was okay. But I plan on reading the book, too. My blogmate is looking forward to this one! Thanks for stopping by my TT!
    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the teaser I can't wait to read this one to find out what happens next!! :)

    ReplyDelete