Friday, November 9, 2012

Not So "YA" Day: Easy by Tammara Webber

 
Remember, this is NA, so it is recommended for older readers.
 
******************************************************

Easy by Tammara Webber
Self-Published, Now signed with Penguin
On Shelves Now
Reviewed by:  Middle Sis Jenn
The Sisters Say:  Seductive and Elusive

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


I had never read any of Tammara's books before, but I had been eyeing this one and waiting for the release date since I stumbled upon it. I actually had it on my Kindle for a few days before reading it, and after reading it, all I can say is, "Why in the heck did I not read this sooner?" It was fantastic, and I know it is one of those books that I will read over and over again!

Easy reminded me of Beautiful Disaster--just the right amount of romance blended seamlessly with the right amount of action. There were only a few times (maybe 2) where I thought it dragged, but then it picked right back up and I was hooked again!

I loved Tammara's characters. She brought life to the--even the smaller roles. I really loved Erin, Jacqueline's roommate. She was passionate, opinionated, and was one of those girls that knows what they want. She was funny and I really enjoyed watching her take Jacqueline under her wing and help her through her situation. I imagine her as the perfect college roommate--fun and social, but totally willing to help you kick a guy's ass--if need be.

The story centers around Jacqueline, who in a few short weeks, experiences a heart-wrenching break-up, an attempted sexual assault, and a possible class failure. She's real in every aspect--from her emotions to her actions. But, I really liked that she wasn't whiney. She took charge or her situations and tried not to let them ruin her life. Even though I have never been in any situation remotely similar, I still felt like I related to her.

And then there's the hottie--Lucas. He's the yummy bad boy that rides a motorcycle, has tatooes and body piercings, and can reduce a man to rubble in a fight. You'd think he's the type you wouldn't want to bring home to mommy, but that's not true. In fact, everything on the outside rivals what's on the inside. He's full of pleasant surprises, and trust me, you will totally fall for him!

This is definitely for mature readers, as the first chapter starts with an attempted sexual assault. But for those who can handle the adult situations, this is a great, MUST READ book.

I will admit, I've already re-read my favorite parts!

Tammara interweaves a chilling plot line with brilliant and swoon-worthy romance, and I just couldn't get enough!