Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights books that have not yet been released, but ones that you should pre-order today! This week's book that we are anxiously awaiting is GOING VINTAGE by Lindsey Leavitt.  GOING VINTAGE releases on March 26, 2013 from Bloomsbury.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow. Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
I wasn't a huge fan of contemporary at first, mainly because I hadn't found the good ones, yet!  But after reading Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door, I found myself hooked on them!  I always have my eye out for the next contemporary that is fun and snazzy.  And Going Vintage definitely fits that bill!  The idea is fun and unique, and I know that it will lead to some great laughing riots. I can't wait to get my hands on this one...and maybe on Oliver?  Who knows!  Too bad I have to wait until March!