Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
October 9, 2012
Harper Teen

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 
"Up close, Tuck had his own gravitational pull.  It tempted me forward until my nose and forehead rested against his throat.  I heard his sharp intake of breath, his surprise, but I couldn't help myself."  ARC, pg 100
 
"'Can't help it if I'm the only one keeping my eyes on the big picture?' Loki flashed a condescending smile.  'The best poker players are patient.  They wait until it's a hand they know they can win.'" ARC, pg 212

"It was impossible to imagine ever letting him go, and from the way his body wrapped around mine, I knew he was thinkiing the same thing."  ARC, pg 259

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just couldn't bring myself to narrow it down to 2!  There were just too many great scenes to choose from!  I loved Valkyrie Rising--it was full of suspense and romance!  I read it in as close to one sitting as I was able (without letting the 1 year old run wild).  Tuck's charming innuendo and Loki's mysterious ruses kept me turning page after page.

If you're a fan of mythology, sweet romance, or fast-paced action, then be sure to check this one out!