Sunday, August 5, 2012

Match 28: Dimitri (3) vs. Daemon (11) goes to Dimitri!



AND THE WINNER IS... Dimitri!!!


Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*   

YA Sisterhood


Hey everyone! My name is Stacey, and I'm the blogger behind the Fantasy Book Addict. This is my first time participating, and I'm so excited I get to represent Dimitri Belikov from the international bestselling series, Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead. Before I begin, I'd like to thank all the supporters behind #TeamDimitri, and the YA Sisterhood for hosting this fun tourney! Now, let's get started!


Tell us about Dimitri?
Well, he's a twenty-four-year-old dhampir with a sexy Russian accent. He's about six-six or six-seven with dark brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair that's usually tied back in a ponytail. He's one of the best and most respected of all the dhampirs. When we first meet him, he has six molnija tattoos onthe back of his neck because he has killed 6 strigoi. Rose actually says it better than I can here:
“He's a total badass. He's also pretty good-looking. Okay-more than good-looking. He's hot-like, the kind of hot that makes you stop walking on the street and get hit by traffic." Frostbite




What makes him stand out amongst the other competitors?
Unlike many guys on this list, his looks aren't the best part of him. He's hot for sure, but he's not a total jerk. He's a sexy, good guy. I'm gonna lean on Rose again to explain: "Yet, it had been Dimitri’s gentleness and thoughtfulness mixed with that deadliness that made him so wonderful. The same hands that wielded stakes with such precision would carefully brush the hair out of my face. The eyes that could astutely spot any danger in the area would regard me wonderingly and worshipfully, like I was the most beautiful and amazing woman in the world.” Blood Promise

What truly makes Dimitri the best crush on this list?
When everyone else thought Rose was a lost cause, he believed in her. He trained her and he took up for her. He was always pushing her to be her best. His support helped elevate her into the rockstar dhampir she eventually became. No matter what happened to Rose, he never lost faith in her. Not to mention, he thought her most attractive trait was her inner strength. Dimitri: "No, it won't happen to you. You're too strong. You will fight it, just like you did this time" Rose: "I only did it because you were here, I can't do it by myself" Dimitri: "You can, you're strong--you're so, so strong. It's why I love you." Shadow Kiss

Still not convinced of his hotness? Maybe this will seal the deal. <Holy Hotness Alert>
"Releasing my wrists, he moved his hands up my arms, sliding slowly along my skin. Holding me in his dark, hungry gaze, he pulled me into him, pressing me right up to his body. One of his hands moved up the back of my neck, twining his fingers in my hair and tipping my face up to his. He brought his lips down, barely brushing them against mine. Swallowing, I asked again, "Do you think I'm pretty?" He regarded me with utter seriousness, like he always did. "I think you're beautiful." "Beautiful?" "You are so beautiful, it hurts me sometimes." His lips moved to mine, gentle at first, and then hard and hungry. His kiss consumed me. His hands on my arms slid down, down my hips, down to the edge of my dress. He gathered up the fabric in his hands and began pushing it up my legs. I melted into that touch, into his kiss and the way it burned against my mouth. His hands kept sliding up and up, until he'd pulled the dress over my head and tossed it on the floor. "You...you got rid of that dress fast," I pointed out between heavy breaths. "I thought you liked it." "I do like it," he said. His breathing was as heavy as mine. "I loved it." And then he took me to the bed." Vampire Academy


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Valerie here from StuckInBooks with my argument of why YOU should Vote for Daemon from the Lux series!!!

Spoilery if you haven't read Obsidian.

Daemon is one of the most POWERFUL of all the Lux.  Needless to say, when his emotions are....um shall we say engaged, things get a little explosive!




"His hands were on my hips, and he lifted me up as if I were made of air. My legs wrapped around his waist, and we moved to the right, knocking into a floor lamp. It toppled over, but I didn't spare it another thought. A light popped somewhere in the house. The TV turned on, then off, back on. Our lips remained sealed. It was like we couldn't get enough of each other. We were devouring one another, drowning in each other...There was a cracking sound in the house. A fissure of electricity shot through the room. Something smoked. But I didn't care....He hummed, brimming full of power.....He left after that, grabbing his shirt off the floor and sauntering out of my house.  The son of a bitch blew up my laptop." (Obsidian)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Touching him, kissing him, was like having a fever all over again. I was on fire. My body burned. The world burned. Sparks flew. Against his mouth, I moaned. There was a POP! and CRACK! The smell of burned plastic filled the cubicle. We pulled apart, breathing heavily. Over his shoulder I saw thin strips of smoke wafting from the top of the ancient monitor. Good God, was this going to happen every time we kissed?" (Onyx)

Yeah, my boy, Daemon is something else! 



Oh and don't forget about this....

 
 
VOTE DAEMON BLACK!

*VOTING IS NOW CLOSED*