Sunday, July 22, 2012

Match 15: Daemon (11) vs. Augustus (22) goes to DAEMON!

And the winner is... Daemon!



Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0! We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers. If the spoiler is big, it will be marked. However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
'SUP!? Valerie from StuckInBooks here to give you the deets on my boy Daemon from the Lux series (Shadows, Obsidian, Onyx, Opal and more).

Yeah, my FAV author is JLA and I'm totes obsessed with this guy but I may not be the blogger with the best insights on this boy, no that would be Katy (Lux Series) from Katy's Krazy Book Obsession!!!  Okay, I know she's fictional but that girl KNOWS Daemon, so I've asked for her help with this.  I give you Katy!

Wow, I can't believe that Daemon is in this tourney!  As if his ego isn't big enough?  But seriously, and don't tell Daemon I said this, if anyone is crush worthy enough (and okay, a little stab-worthy) and a true hero when it counts, it's Daemon.

Okay, so Daemon has the looks thing down.  The first time I saw him, I think I might have drooled a little.  Hey, it happens to most females of all ages when they see him.  And some guys, too.

"Heavy footsteps came from the other side, and then the door was swinging open and I was staring at a very broad, tan, well-muscled chest.  A naked chest.  My gaze dropped and my breath sort of...stalled.  Jeans hung low on his hips, revealing a thin line of dark hair that formed below his navel and disappeared under the band of the jeans." (Obsidian page 7)

"My gaze finally traveling north again, I noted thick, sooty lashes fanning the tips of his high cheeks and hiding the color of his eyes as he looked down at me." (Obsidian page 7)

Did I mention his "full, kissable lips".  And I did get to see those eyes - "so green and brilliant they couldn't be real".

Hot is a weak word when it comes to describing Daemon.

"Beautiful face.  
Beautiful body.  
Horrible attitude.
It was the holy trinity of hot boys." (Obsidian page 19)

Sometimes when Daemon opens his mouth, he sort of ruins things. But he has his reasons.  For an eighteen year old, he's shouldering a lot of responsibility.  Keeping a galaxy size secret, while protecting his family.  And nothing means more to him besides his family...and well, there is someone else.  But anyway, he was horrible to me for a while there.  He may have earned some bonus points here. I've never felt stronger than after putting that boy in his place.  And then there's the whole pen poking thing. Le sigh.


Yeah, I got hold of this chapter from his POV.  How that happened, I have no idea but this kinda did surprise me.

"Kate met my stare and held it.  Not backing down--never backing down.  Reluctant respect continued to grow inside me, but underneath that, something else was developing.  I was two seconds from kissing that pissed off look right off her face.  I wondered what she'd do.  Hit me?  Kiss me back?" (Obsidian - Uh-oh speghetti-o's)

"I smiled, and her lips twitched.  Dammit, if I didn't know better, I'd think she liked our little fights, too."  (Obsidian - Uh-oh speghetti-o's)

Maybe what he told me later is true.  "I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off." (Onyx)


I know he resisted it and tried to keep me away to protect his family and me too, really.

"This was wrong.  Think of Dawson.  Look at what happened to him.  Did I want to take the same risk?  Leave Dee all alone?  But even now I could feel her skin, taste it--sweet and sugary like candy.  Hear that wonderful sound she made over and over again, haunting every mile I put between us." (Obsidian - The Morning After) 

I think I finally got him, though.

"A smile pulled at his lips as he looked away.  'I had more fun that day than I can remember.  I know it sounds stupid, but--'  '

It's not stupid.' My heart lurched.  At once, I sort of understood him better.  Underneath it all, I think he wanted to be normal." (Obsidian page 151) 

"And there was the real Daemon.  Still a total badass, but there was pain in him, a vulnerability in the lines of his face that I doubted anyone ever got to see." (Obsidian page 159)

I can tell you, he's saved my life more than once with his serious alien mojo.  And he tirelessly protects countless others (human and alien), sacrificing sleep and even having a life to patrol the town and the colony of Luxen.  He does this without even being asked.  It's not a job to him or a duty.  He does it because he wants to.

****spoiler's for Obsidian**** 

"His sloppy, wet lips cut off my words.  His tongue slipped into my mouth, and I wanted to puke.  My heart rate tripled, and in an instant, I wished I'd listened to Daemon...I managed to get my head free. 'Simon, stop!' And then Simon did stop.  I sagged against the tree, dazed and breathless.  There was the sound of someone hitting the ground and then a wounded cry.  Someone was bending over a sprawled Simon, reaching down and picking him up by the scruff of his neck. 'Do you have a problem understanding simple English?'" (Obsidian page 201)


"Daemon threw up his hands and a great roar started under the car, shaking the road, and the trees thrashed outside.  A loud crack sounded, like a blast of thunder, quickly followed by several more in succession.  The earth seemed to shake and rumble....Trees were being ripped from out of the ground, their thick and gnarled roots dripping clumps of moist dirt...Oh my God, Daemon was uprooting trees." (Obsidian page 207)

"Daemon's light flickered but continued climbing up my arm, wrapping me in his intense heat.  Like the day of the first Arum attack, in the wake of his warmth, my body began knitting itself back together." (Obsidian page 254) 

Yeah I have feeling for him.  Don't be telling him or anything, but I'm voting for Daemon Black.  You should too!  His heart is right and when it comes down to it,you want someone like him on your side.  And yeah, Daemon Black puts the "W" in HAWT.


Thanks Katy.  Appreciate the inside scoop on Daemon.  It's for sure he has MY VOTE.

I'd also like to thank Traci at The Reading Geek for all the help organizing Daemon's Street team.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello there, fellow fictional boy lovers! I’m Brooke from over at Brooke Reports and I seriously couldn’t be any more excited or honored to tell you all about the amazingly spectacular Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green! And if you feel the same, be sure to rock any of the following hashtags on twitter with the voting link! #TeamAugustus #OneLeggedPonyFTW

             

  So, where shall we start with Mr. Waters? Perhaps his adorably sexy looks? Yes, I do say, that’s probably a splendid place to start!

Augustus Waters has short, rich dark brown hair and sharp blue eyes that contrast oh so seductively. He’s lean yet muscular and just tall enough for tip-toe kisses. And behind those luscious lips? He keeps a set of smiles. His crooked smile for when he’s trying to be sexy and his real one, the one that’s too big for his face and makes him look adorable.  Oh, also. His voice has a look of it’s own, described as, “low, smoky and dead sexy.” *THUD* Read me a bedtime story PUH-LEASE! (I think he looks a little shumfin' like this  YUM.)


    “He’s not that smart.”
“She’s right,” Augustus says. “It’s just that most really good-looking people are stupid, so I exceed expectations.”
“Right, it’s primarily his hotness.”
“It can be sort of blinding,” he said.
“It actually did blind our friend Isaac.”
“Terrible tragedy, that. But can I help my own deadly beauty?”
“You cannot.”
“It is my burden, this beautiful face.”
“Not to mention your body.”
“Seriously, don’t even get me started on my hot bod. You don’t want to see me naked, Dave. Seeing me naked actually took Hazel Grace’s breath away,” he said, nodding toward the oxygen tank.
             

And sure, Gus is a horrible driver and he makes terribly dry cheese sandwiches. And yeah, he’s addicted to the video game Counterinsurgence and possibly encourages delinquent behavior * cough, egging Isaac’s ex girlfriend’s car, cough*

But Gus is someone who will be there for you no matter what--through your ups and downs and your highs and lowest lows. He’s that kind of guy. He’s witty and sarcastic and can make you laugh so hard it hurts: 
“It’s difficult to ascertain whether he is trying to arouse her or perform a breast exam.”
And he’s intelligent and magnificent and makes you wonder how he’s a 17 year old boy:
“They don’t kill you unless you light them,” he said. “And I’ve never lit one. It’s a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don’t give it the power to do it’s killing.”
And he’s thoughtful and caring and makes you pray so hard that he was real and you could be with him for just one day:
“I didn’t save my wish.”
“Ah, but I saved mine.”
"Augustus, really. You don’t have to do this.”
“Sure I do,” he said. “I found my wish."

 He’s basically everything you could ever want in a boy.

             

Augustus Waters may be a self aggrandizing bastard, but it’s honestly impossible to walk away from him without developing some kind of Augustus Waters Fetish. Trust me, I know! 

He may cause you to do this:

        But I assure you, he is worth all of the tears.

So vote for Gus, okay? Okay.


*Voting is now closed*