Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Match 12: Patch (7) vs. Percy (26) Goes to Patch


And the Winner is...

Patch 



Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0! We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers. If the spoiler is big, it will be marked. However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! I'm Jen from Jenuine Cupcakes and I'm here to tell you why Patch Cipriano from Becca Fitzpatrick's, "Hush Hush" series is totally crush worthy and deserves your vote!  ("Hush Hush", "Crescendo", "Silence" & "Finale" - coming in Oct.)
 
I'm really excited to be Patch's advocate because last year's crush tourney is where I *met* Patch and his Army. (Lemme tell you, I've never wanted to enlist so fast before in my life! *wink* *wink*) Patch has some amazing fans, many of whom are from around the world and it's been so much fun to hear what they love about our favorite fallen archangel!

Without further ado, I give you, Patch... 

(Cue theme song, "Back in Black" by AC/DC)   

WARNING: The following photos are not for the faint of heart and have been known to cause increased pulse, heart palpitations, excessive drooling, and occasional fainting spells.  Licking your computer screen is also NOT recommended.

image

 
"Angel boy", "Dream Guy" and "Hotsauce with Wings" are just a few names for our crush but if we asked him what name we should call him, he would say... 

"Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me."    

What's he look like?  Well... to say he's "easy on the eyes" is the understatement of the millennium, I mean, Patch is definitely not riding the ugly train that's for sure!  He's tall, dark and all kinds of wrong but in all the right ways. He's lean and hard with dark hair and eyes as black as a midnight ocean. Even Nora's BFF, Vee would say, "He's...hard-edged. Sexy." "rough-and-roguish".

He's an angel, so what, exactly, does he wear?  Being of angelic ethnicity, one would assume that he'd leave a trail of feathers wherever he went but when asked, Patch had this to say: “Hate to disappoint, but no feathers. I came to Earth stripped naked.”  *mental picture blushing*

I'm sorry, what was I saying? Oh right! Clothes... Patch isn't into trends but prefers the monochromatic bad boy look of black shirts and black jeans; the tighter the better. He also has a couple, um, shall we say, "distinguishing marks", which of course, only adds to his appeal. Nora gives us an idea of what those marks look like and having touched them, she can also attest to their appeal. (Don't be jealous. I'm sure Patch would let you touch them too if you asked nicely. *winks*)

"In my mind I switched back and forth between the painting of the angel's scars and Patch's scars. Both scars had healed to the color of black licorice, both ran from the shoulder blades to the kidneys, and both curved out as they traveled the length of his back."

Patch's scars are a constant reminder of the mistakes he's made. However, being able to find the good in a seemingly bad situation is an important crush worthy quality... 

“All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”  

(Once you're finished staring at those scars and trying to think of ways to help "heal" them, continue reading because there's a lot more of Patch to crush over.) 

What about his personality? Patch possesses a witty sense of humor that's full of snark and he has the ability to turn any situation into an innuendo. (I bet if you looked up "Innuendo" in the dictionary, Patch's picture would be next to it.)  

“You smell good, too,” said Patch
"It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.” 
"Naked. I know the drill.”  

“I’m going to grab a cheeseburger,” I told Patch. “Want anything?”
“Nothing on the menu.”

While Patch is rarely at a loss for words and he's fluent in sarcasm, helpfulness is another one of his crush worthy traits. And who doesn't love a guy that can cook?!  Am I right?

"Tacos."
"Tacos?" I echoed.
This seemed to amuse him. "Tomatoes, lettuce, cheese."
"I know what a taco is!” 
"Come here. I'll teach you how to make tacos." 

"I could get you to smile like that, and without sales tax."  (See? Helpful AND frugal!) 

Patch won't call you a typical endearing pet name like, "Honey", "Sweetheart" or "Baby". Nah, he'll call you something more ethereal than that because that's how he is...
"Hang on, did you just call me Angel?" I asked.
"If I did?"
"I don't like it."
He grinned. "It stays, Angel.”  

What is his preferred method of transportation?  Patch would tell you, "I move in mysterious ways." and "I can fly."  While both of these are true, his usual ride is a sleek, black motorcycle.
 
Will he come to my aid, be knight in shining armor?  Who needs a knight in shining armor when you can have a guardian angel in tight black jeans on a motorcycle?  (Besides, all that cold hard armor just gets in the way when mouth to mouth resuscitation is needed. And from what Nora tells us, Patch has had a lot of practice with the whole mouth to mouth thing and is quite good at it, incredible even.) 
Patch does have a knack for showing up just when he's needed and he doesn't mess around, especially where his girl is concerned.

“'I didn’t break his jaw, but if he lays a hand on you, it will be the first of many things to break,' Patch said.”  

He's also honest about what he wants but isn't pushy.

“Is that a yes?" he asked, pushing his fingers through my hair, fanning it out around my shoulders and searching my face intently. "Please let it be yes," he said with a gravelly edge. "Stay with me tonight. Let me hold you, even if that's all it is. Let me keep you safe.”  

“Or, if you decide you want to sleep at my place, on opposite sides of my bedroom with a Do Not Cross line drawn down the middle, I'll do it. I won't like it, but I'll do it.” 

What about his softer side?  It's true that Patch is built to fight, protect and defend but he also has a softer side and doesn't hesitate to say what he feels. And trust me, he feels a LOT. 

“There's only one thing I know for certain anymore." He turned, his eyes a clear black. That I would do anything for you, even if it means going against my instincts or my very nature. I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have.” 

Patch does tend to elicit ALL THE FEELS leaving one overwhelmed (revert back to photos above for clarification) but don't worry, follow the instructions below and you'll be just fine. 



PS - I asked Patch what his thoughts on the whole crush tourney were and he had this to say,"Vote for Patch. I mean it. Vote for Patch."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hi, I'm Kayla from Bibliophilia, Please, and my co-advocate (everyone should have one of these for real!) Ashley from Wholly Books. We are here to represent the son of the sea god Poseidon, child of the prophecy, Roman legionnaire, and crush to be reckoned with -

the One

the Only

Percy Jackson!

Are you swooning yet? You should be. Imagine this - dark black hair, deep sea green eyes, tall, loyal, a sarcastic sense of humor, and willing to save the world again and again. He's risked his life to save his friends, as well as his enemies, throughout two series of books.
“Your fatal flaw is personal loyalty, Percy. You do not know when it is time to cut your losses. To save a friend, you would sacrifice the world. In a hero of the prophecy, that is very, very dangerous.” - Athena, The Titan's Curse p. 298
But every hero has a fatal flaw. Percy Jackson? He’s too loyal to his friends. He cant’s give them up, not for anything. He was told that, years ago. And someday soon, he’s going to face a sacrifice he can’t make.” - Mars, Son of Neptune p. 364

Wait, what?! NO! Percy HAS a girlfriend! Yes, I know we should avoid guys that are spoken for, but how can we not daydream about him after seeing how he treats Annabeth? Percy does everything in his power to keep her out of danger. I mean, he took the weight of the world so it wouldn't be on her shoulders! (If you've read the books, you know exactly what I'm talking about.) And how can you not fantasize about a boy kissing you like this:
“We held hands right up to the moment they dumped us in the water.
Afterward, I had the last laugh. I made an air bubble at the bottom of the lake. Our friends kept waiting for us to come up, but hey when you’re the son of Poseidon, you don’t have to hurry.
And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.”
- Percy Jackson, The Last Olympian p. 374
Artist: =DacaDaca
I'll be honest with you - Percy is not a bad boy. He's not a rock star, he's not an alien, and he's not an angel. Percy Jackson is just a kid with dyslexia and ADHD who just happened to be lucky enough to live in a literary world where being a demigod makes life in "reality" hard. It gets even more difficult when he joins others like him at Camp Half-Blood. He has to battle monsters, former friends, titans, and more, but Percy never loses sight of what is important to him or what he believes in. He is always willing to sacrifice everything he has to do what is right. (He even gives up something nearly anyone would dream of in order to have the gods grant the dying wish of his enemy!)

A good man (or kid, boy, whatever) is hard to find in YA, and Percy Jackson definitely fits the bill. Give your vote to the good guy who will save the world again, and again, and again.