Sunday, July 15, 2012

Match #10: Alec (#15) vs Noah (#18) Goes to Alec


And the Winner is:

Alec





Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's YA Crush Tourney 2.0!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*   

                     
                                                   
Hello everyone! Welcome to the Second YA Crush Tourney! I’m Steph from StephLikesBooks and I am representing ALEC! He is from Cassandra Clare’s best-selling The Mortal Instruments series and I’m very excited to be supporting him! Cassandra Clare is my favourite author and I’m proud to represent one of her much loved characters! J

*PLEASE NOTE THERE MAY BE SPOILERS FROM SOME OF THE SERIES, IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THEM BEFORE*

PERSONALITY:
·         Alec is a strong character who is very loyal when it comes to his family and those that he cares about.
“It’s me,” he said, and cleared his throat. “I could understand if you didn’t believe me, but I swear on the Angel, Iz, it’s me.” Alec said nothing, but his grip on Jace’s hand tightened. “You don’t need to swear,” he said, and with his free hand touched the parabatai rune near his collarbone. “I know. I can feel it. I don’t feel like I’m missing a part of me anymore.”
·         He’s cute when he gets jealous :)
“You never called me back," he said. "I called you so many times and you never called me back."
Magnus looked at Alec as if he'd lost his mind. "Your city is under attack," he said. "The wards have been broken, and the streets are full of demons. And you want to know why I haven't 
called you?"
Alec set his jaw in a stubborn line. "I want to know why you haven't called me
back."
·         He’s not another cocky bad boy who likes to be mean, he can be insecure and have worries.
“Good organization,” said Magnus. “I knew the man who founded it, back in the 1800s. Woolsey Scot. Respectable old werewolf family.” 
Alec made an ugly sound in the back of his throat. “Did you sleep with him, too?” 
Magnus’s cat eyes widened. “Alexander!”
·         He has a soft sensitive side to him which is one of the great things about him.
“Irina Cartwright told me it was a pity no one would ever inherit my blue eyes now." He shrugged and looked toward Magnus, who took a hand off the wheel for a moment to place it on Alec's. "It's not like a stab wound you can protect me from. It's a million little paper cuts every day.” 
·         Alec is very brave but is shy at the same time.
“There is nothing weak about Alec,” said Isabelle.
·         He is very loyal –especially to Magnus ;)
“But Magnus, he thought. You never told me. Never warned me it would be like this, that I would wake up one day and realize that I was going somewhere you couldn't follow. That we are essentially not the same. There's no "till death do us apart" for those who never die.”
·         He’s kind and caring and innocent.
“Sweet pea?'" Alec said.
"I was just trying it out."
Alec shook his head. "No."
Magnus shrugged. "I'll keep at it.”

   LOOKS:

Alec has black hair like his mother and bright blue eyes, is very tall and thin. He’s also very pale. He is very handsome but plays down his looks by wearing damaged sweaters. Camille even says that Alec bears a similar appearance to Will Herondale ;) If THAT doesn't make you vote, I don't know what will! :P

TALENTS:
Because Alec is a Shadowhunter he has some special talents that make him much better than ordinary mundanes ;) such as: 
- Superhuman Strength.
-Superhuman Agility.
-Superhuman Stamina.
-Superhuman Co-ordination.
Also, because of his alliance bond with Magnus, Alec has some special talents with warlock power....
Spellcasting:  Alec has access to Magnus’ array of spell casting ability, including the ability to create Portals, memory manipulation, healing and curing of others of demonic poison, levitation, in addition to other magical effects.

VOTE FOR ALEC! :D 
I’ll give you all free cookies ;)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Introduction
Hello my name is Amanda from Stuck In YA Books, I am representing Noah, who is from the debut novel: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.  Noah is Mara Dyer’s love interest. He is one of the most interesting characters because he is smart, British and is a ladies’ man.  Once you read this book you will not be able to put this down!! Noah is one crush worthy guys in the YA Crush Tourney and he is very good with words (especially Euphemisms) He is one HOT bad boy who is super sweet to Mara.

First Meeting+ LOOKS
“I whipped around at the sound of the warm, lilting British accent behind me.
         The person it belonged to sat on the picnic table under the tiki hut. His general state of disarray was almost enough to distract me from his face. The boy- if he could be called that, looking like he belonged in college not high school- wore Chucks with holes worn through, no laces. Slim charcoal pants and a white button down shirt covered his lean, spare frame. His tie was loose, his cuffs undone, and his blazer lay in a heap beside him as he lazily leaned back on the palms of his hands.
        His strong jaw and chin were slightly scruffy, as though he hadn't shaved in days, and his eyes looked gray in the shade. Strands of his dark chestnut hair stuck out every which way… He could be considered pale compared to everyone else I'd observed in Florida thus far, which is to say he wasn't orange.
        He was beautiful. And he was staring at me.” (Chapter 4)
There is nothing for me to explain there  
Personality:
Noah is sarcastic, awesome, funny, romantic and BRITISH!! Who wouldn’t want to have a crush on a British Boy with good looks.! He loves the word “rubbish” and listening to a British boy what is not to love about his personality. Noah is also VERY rich and lives in a mansion. He would also defend those who need defending example is that he always defends Mara who mocks her for dating Noah but he would also never give up on her. He is also a gentleman and also has chivalry (due to him and his British culture + upbringing  Here is an example of his funny side: 

"I'm picking you up tomorrow morning," Noah said, as he brushed a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear...
        I blinked hard, and shook my head to clear it. "But it's out of your way."
        "And?"
        "And Daniel has to drive to school anyway."
        "So?" 
        "So wh-"
        Noah placed a finger on my lips. "Don't. Don't as me why. It's annoying. I want to. That's it. That's all. So let me."
        Focus, Mara. "Everyone's going to think that we're together."
        "Let them," he said as his eyes searched my face.
        "But-"
        "But nothing. I want them to think that."
        [...] "I'm a bad actress," I said by way of explanation.
        [...] "Then don't act. See you at eight." He let go of my hand and walked back to his car.
Loyalty and Wit – (With help from Sara @ The Page Sage) 
When Noah cares about someone, he’ll do anything for them, especially in Mara’s case. He also has a quick wit, and he uses it both to defile children’s stories and to stand up for Mara.
 A perfect example of this is when Anna (the mean girl) steals Mara’s sketchbook (which is full of drawings of Noah) to embarrass her.
                        
He’s a Gentleman
He opens doors for Mara, gets her coffee without being asked, gives her rides to school… in short, he’s chivalrous, and what girl wouldn’t want that in a guy?
 Not to mention, he knows how to compliment a girl:
            “You smell good,” He whispered into my neck. He was warm against me. Instinctively, I arched back into him and smiled.
            “Really?”
            “Mmm-hmm. Delicious. Like bacon.”
            
Kissing Skills
Noah Shaw knows how to kiss, as proven by this passage:
            Noah parted my legs with his knee and my lips with his tongue, and I was in his mouth and oh. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. I felt myself unfold, turned inside out by his insistent mouth. When Noah pulled back I gasped at the loss, but he slid his hand beneath my back and lifted me, and we were sitting and his head was dipping and our mouths were colliding and I pushed him down and lingered above, hovered before I crashed into him. 

Supernatural Powers *Spoilers*
Noah can heal any wound by touch alone and he can hear people’s heartbeats, pulses, emotions. He’s determined to help the people he hears that are in danger and he’s even more resolute when it comes to helping Mara. He even helps a poor, abused dog. That’s right, he’s a HOT, KIND guy who helps PUPPIES. 

His Devilish Good Looks (not to mention his British accent)
It certainly doesn’t hurt that Noah Shaw is one of the most (if not *the most*) attractive guys in Young Adult fiction. 
            His strong jaw and chin were slightly scruffy, as though he hadn’t shaved in days, and his eyes looked gray in the shade. Strands of his dark chestnut hair stuck out every which way. Bedroom hair. He could be considered pale in comparison to everyone else I’d met in Florida thus far, which is to say he wasn’t orange.
            He was beautiful. And he was smiling at me.
Vote Noah Shaw as your YA Crush And Don't Forget to check out Michelle Hodkin's blog also! http://michellehodkin.blogspot.ca/2012/07/previews-part-1.html