Sunday, December 18, 2011

TIGER BEAT-- MADE OF WIN!


So, once upon a time (ahem, last spring break), I was visiting some friends in Philadelphia, and decided to hop over to NYC to partake in YA-themed evening at the New York Public Library. It was a night dedicated to music, particularly music in YA literature. You might recall me mentioning it in my review of Shade, as the time that I could have and failed to meet the wonderful Jeri Smith-Ready. There were quite a few other amazing authors at the event, including, but not limited to: David Levithan, Natalie Standiford, and one of my idols (yes, I said Idol)... LIBBA BRAY. 

Libba Bray fronts a band called Tiger Beat, made up entirely of YA Authors (Natalie Standiford, Barnabas Miller, and Daniel Ehrenhaft). The event was a rocking Tiger Beat concert, interspersed with music themed readings by various authors. My favorite part of the evening was an original Tiger Beat song called the YA song. It featured references to Catcher in the Rye, Looking for Alaska, Hunger Games, and several other fantastic YA books. 9 months later, I have finally stopped procrastinating, and am ready to share with you video of that night. The filming is a little... creative... at times, and for that I apologize. I also apologize for my obnoxiously loud laughter. I wish I had the lyrics to this song (unfortunately I don't). But I did manage to get a picture of the first cheat sheet that they made... 




There's a small glimpse of the amazingness that is to come... 

I will warn you that the song does contain bad language. What's YA without a little edge, right?

Hope you guys enjoy! 

Love, Baby Sister Brittany

(Remember... I warned you about my obnoxious laughter... and the ahem, creative filming)