Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along. Here's what you do:

Pick up your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others) Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!



Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Published date: July 26, 2011



"Staring at Connor's puckish smile, I knew I'd seen it before-even if the memory was fuzzy. He returned my gaze, eyes sparkling with mischief. I balled my fist, gauging whether I'd get the most satisfaction out of hitting him in the gut-or just a bit lower. If he wanted to avoid a fight, he'd need to bite his tongue around me." (page 21)



"The sound of his voice drew me from dreams haunted by cries of anguish and slithering shadows that threatened to engulf me. For a moment I couldn't remember where I was. I only heard the warmth of Shay's voice and caught the subtle allure of his scent. I started to lean forward, aching for his closeness." (page 247)