Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island Books

Welcome to our blogger spotlight week!!! We have some new bloggers that have joined us recently and are wanting all of you to get to know them better! Plus, we've been asked several times for recommendations on what people should be reading! Therefore, new bloggers + recommendation requests = Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island! (dun, dun, dun)
If you want to join in on the fun-- blog your top 5 YA books (and feel free to add 5 adult if you want). Then comment with your link, and we will repost it!


Hello friends! I'm Brittany (the baby sister). I'm in my early twenties, a theatre artist by trade, teacher by day, and writer by night. I'm obsessive, loud (like... could be considered a super power loud), addicted to reading, and a world class procrastinator. Things I love besides YA books: Harry Potter, So You Think You Can Dance, Battlestar Galactica, Buffy, Musicals, Nickel Creek, Parachute, all things Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman, basketball, and lanterns. If you want to know more about me (or my writing), visit my website (and explore my other blog, twitter, facebook, etc). Now it's time to get to know me via my desert island book picks. If I were stranded on an island, and could have 5 YA books, they would be: 

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly


Fire by Kristin Cashore


Close Runner ups

Heist Society by Ally Carter
Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Adult Fiction Desert Island Books

The Awakening             Demian               Water for Elephants 
by Kate Chopin              by Herman Hesse          by Sara Gruen



If you enjoyed this edition of Desert Island Books, check out the Desert Island on the blog of YA Sisterhood bestie-- Brooke of Brooke Reports!