Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following


Grab your current read


Open to a random page


Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others)


Share the title & author, too, so that other TT particpants can add the book to the TBR lists if they like your teaser!


Vanish A Firelight Novel by Sophie Jordan


Release date: September 06, 2011





Teaser #1:


"I pull back my head, look into his face. See him as I never have.


He's no longer looking at me. He's looking inside me, his gaze probing. Accepting me for me. A closeness I haven't felt with anyone since I arrived here sweeps through me. And it's a promise of an end to my numbing loneliness. If I let it happen. Let this happen." (Page 63)


Teaser #2:


"Maybe it was both of us. Or maybe I just don't want to accept that it might have been me. Might have been my head inching forward, my wet face lifting up to his. My heart beating so loud it thundered like a drum in my chest.


His lips are soft at the first brush. One of us trembles. Me or him. Both of us? I don't know, don't care.


It's a feathery kiss, lips brushing, grazing, tasting, almost as if we were afraid of startling each other. And we are." (Page 67-68)


I started reading this book this afternoon while my kids were taking naps, and was so engrossed that I didn't stop until I had three kids jumping on me! It is THAT good! If you haven't read Firelight by Sophie Jordan, make sure you read it before this book comes out because you are going to want to pre-order Vanish! Buy it, Read it, LOVE IT!!!!